Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teaching and Learning

I was studying a Diploma of Recreation/Fitness
What was the reason for your learning? Did it just happen or was it planned?
I have always wanted to learn more about sport and fitness. I have loved sport since a child and it was a natural step for me to learn about something I love.
Were you anticipating sucess? Was your motivation intrinsic or extrinsic?
I loved everything I was learning. At the start I was hungry for information so it was easy to suceed. As the course developed and got harder I had to put in alot of work to achieve sucess. It was a terrific learning curve for me one of the best things I have ever done.
Was it a useable or desirable thing to learn.
Yes I gained work straight away in a gym which I loved and has lead me on a path of lifelong learning. It gave me the confidence to go to uni and get a degree.
Was it a by heart rote type of learning or was it more about understanding.
It was more rote learning. Especially Anatomy and Physiology and all the subjects on the body and how they worked. I had to learn how to study again. Writing things down, saying them over and over again. I used many different methods to remember information.
What sort of aids did you have in learning? eg did you respeat it over and over again.
Computes, lots of practice at practical tasks. When learning the theory i wrote everything down then would reapeat it to myself over and over. I would also study with peers and teach each other everything we knew about the subject.
Who did you learn from? Did somebody support you, model or explain the desired learning outcomes.
The teacher
Other students

How did you know you were successful in learning it. did someone praise you.
exams
practical leswsons
teacher would tell me if I was on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment